1. Patrick Bateman - American Psycho (2000)
2. Anton Chigurh - No Country for Old Men (2007)
3. Alex De Large - A Clockwork Orange (1971)
4. Norman Bates - Psycho (1960)
5. Joker - The Dark Knight (2008)
6. Hannibal Lector - The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
7. Arthur Fleck - Joker (2019)
8. Jack Torrance - The Shining (1980)
9. John Doe - Seven (1995)
10. Frank Booth - Blue Velvet (1986)
What’s your favourite performance?
16 Stundes vor
New episode up now! “Let’s talk about cannibalism!” We go full book club and discuss our first mystery/thriller read - The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris! We try to avoid talking about the filmed version as we all *read* the *book*, so instead we talk about murder houses and whether we’d live in them (even if they are prime Chicago real estate), the mechanics of reading about/picturing book characters and how we love dogs so, so much.
Katy defends the Tower of London, Carrie thinks everyone is just too smart for real life, Maddy has a crisis of identity, and Mack realizes he doesn’t understand the feminine mind. We also discuss how much we hate Chilton, proper FBI protocol, and what being “on the juice” means.
Pour yourself a big Amarone and enjoy! Originally recorded October 2017.
1. Original cover of the novel
2-3. This used copy included a warning
4. Carrie's always had Resting Disdain Face
5-6. Carrie's airport book nooks
TW: Cannibalism, serial killers, skinning humans, animal cruelty, discussion of historical language involving the trans community